Header Ads Widget

Tamale: Fire sweeps through classrooms, offices at St. Charles SHS


 Fire has assaulted structures at the St. Charles Minor Seminary Senior High School at Tamale in the Northern Region. 

The fire happened in the early long periods of Sunday [August 15, 2021], and obliterated a storeroom containing understudy sleeping pads, six study halls, and four workplaces. 

There have been a progression of fire flare-ups in the school before, with this being the latest.The Headmaster of the school, Polycarp Kuusokub, affirmed the occurrence. 

He said after seeing the blazes, a call was set to the Ghana Fire Service to guarantee that things didn't go crazy. 

"We completed mass today and went to the house. However, one of the English experts called me that I should immediately come on the grounds that the PTA block was ablaze. That is the spot we keep sleeping pads and issue them out to the understudies when the need emerges. So I hurried here and truly saw that the fire has gutted the spot, and we immediately organized the fire administration to come."According to the headteacher, the school the executives will on Monday set up a board comprised of certain educators and understudies to research the reason for the fire while anticipating the report from the fire officials. 

"I can't say the exact reason for the fire. Tomorrow [ Monday], we will likewise set up our board for our own examinations to build up the reason for the fire, while I anticipate the report from the fire administration to perceive what I will do." 

Despite the fact that the reason for the fire isn't yet known, the Fire Service noticed the absence of putting out fires quenchers in the school and prompted school the board to procure them."Today, at about 9:23 am, we gotten a call from our National Control Room about a fire episode at St. Charles. So the closest fire station, which is the Tamale Teaching Hospital Fire station, was dispatched. Coming, they stalled out at about 9:27 am so a subsequent station, the Tamale Metro fire station was dispatched, and they showed up at the scene at about 9:34 am, and when they arrived, the six homerooms, four workplaces, and a storeroom were on fire, so they took a stab at battling it and managed it", the Northern Regional Operations Officer of the Ghana National Fire Service, DO III Tisong Charles said.. SOURCES CITY NEWS

Post a Comment